January 2022’s oversized Detective Comics #1050 features a story from Mark Waid centered on the World’s Finest, Batman and Supeman.
Acclaimed writer Mark Waid makes his return to DC for January 2022’s Detective Comics #1050.
The oversized issue’s main story is written by Mariko Tamaki and illustrated by Ivan Reis and Danny Miki, with one backup written by Matthew Rosenberg and illustrated by Fernando Blanco and another written by Waid and illustrated by Dan Mora. According to DC, the latter is “a new story set in the DC Universe, bringing readers to the start of a brand-new day for Batman… and Superman. This is just the beginning for Waid and Mora—and for Superman and Batman!”
Waid teased his return to DC in August after having been absent from the company since 2008, save for a contribution to Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories Of The DC Universe #1.
DETECTIVE COMICS #1050
- Written by Mariko Tamaki
- Art by Ivan Reis and Danny Miki
- Backup 1 written by Matthew Rosenberg
- Backup 1 art by Fernando Blanco
- Backup 2 written by Mark Waid
- Backup 2 art by Dan Mora
- Cover by Irvin Rodriguez
- Variant by Lee Bermejo
- 4-part connecting variant by Jorge Molina
- 1:25 variant by Jorge Fornés
- Team variant by Jay Fabok
- First up is “The Tower” part four, the dramatic conclusion to Mariko Tamaki’s Arkham Tower epic, with art by Ivan Reis. The villainous force keeping Arkham Tower’s patients sedated is at last revealed—and this villain’s return is guaranteed to catch you by surprise. The issue also includes part four of “House of Gotham” by Matthew Rosenberg and Fernando Blanco, taking fans into the seedy underbelly of Gotham’s criminal elite through the lens of the Dick Grayson, and reveal what it takes for a young man to survive amongst the deadliest killers in the DC Universe. It’s a tour de force of Gotham’s vilest villains!
- And finally, writer Mark Waid teams up with long-running Detective Comics artist Dan Mora for a new story set in the DC Universe, bringing readers to the start of a brand-new day for Batman… and Superman. This is just the beginning for Waid and Mora—and for Superman and Batman!
- Fans won’t want to miss this incredible, super-sized Detective Comics, in stores 1/25/22.
- $5.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $6.99 US (Card stock)
- ON SALE 1/25/22
Detective Comics #1050, by Mariko Tamaki, Ivan Reis, Danny Miki, Matthew Rosenberg, Fernando Blanco, Mark Waid and Dan Mora, goes on sale Jan. 25, 2022 from DC.
Longtime Marvel Colorist, Andy Yanchus, Passed Away at Age 77
About The Author
Denial of responsibility! Toysmatrix is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.