Loafers are one of the most versatile wardrobe essentials for all. They are comparatively more comfortable than other flat shoes. They are way dressier than a casual flip-flop. Loafers Shoes for men have always been immensely popular since the 1930s when G.H. Bass started making them under the name ‘Weejuns.’ In recent years, loafers have been in and out of trend for both men and women. In this guide, we will learn the handiness of owning a pair of loafers and how to style them the right way.
Finding the right pair of loafers is essential
Loafers have been around for almost eighty years. According to the changing times, they, too, have gone through significant changes. From being available in various colors, cuts, and materials to being made by high-street designers to your local flea market sellers.
To find your perfect pair of loafers, take a look at some of the most classic and popular loafer options available at your preferred shoe stops.
- Penny Loafers – They are the most classic pair of loafers you can find and remain a popular choice even today. It has a leather strap at the top, with a diamond-shaped slot. This slot was designed to be wide enough to carry a small coin. Many believe in the theory that it was created to hold change, in case the wearer needed to make an emergency call. They are still around and available in many classic shades in beige, black, tan, or brown. These loafers shoes for men are commonly paired with formal wear by both men and women today.
- Tassel Loafers – This is just another classic loafer design that you need to check out. It is believed that a Hungarian-American actor owned a pair of oxfords with tassels at the end of the laces. The Alden shoe company then designed something similar, and in the 1950s, the ever-popular tasseled loafers were born. This kind is still a hit and can be paired with both casual shoes for men wear and workwear. Whether you want to go on a coffee date in it or attend a meeting – you can do it both comfortably and stylishly.
- Snaffle Loafers – The snaffle is a gift from a very renowned designer house. It was introduced in 1968 and is still a very go-to choice for many when it comes to loafers shopping. Its signature design is the shape of a horse’s snaffle bit that is laid across the front of the shoe. It is one of the most copied designs in the whole world of fashion. This pair can be teamed with multiple clothing options, including formal wear, for a casual day-out, or with your dressier outfits.
- Apron Loafers – They are named the way they look. They are also popularly known as ‘moc toe’ and feature a separate piece of leather that extends from the bottom of the top line and goes around the shoe. These loafers shoes for men also possess a very distinct stitch line that adds to their fashion quotient. They are majorly used for casual purposes like running errands, a day out with friends or family, or going to college.
How to wear loafers and look the trendiest with minimum effort?
Once you have an idea of the available loafer choices to add to your wardrobe, you can think about pairing them well. Let’s check out some popular loafer-clothing pairings that you need to try today:
- With jeans – Loafers with jeans is a match made in heaven for many. It is the most classic combo, and you cannot go wrong with it. For men, pair them with some casual and light t-shirts or shirts, and add some fun accessories. Fun elements like a pair of wayfarer sunglasses or some stacked funky bracelets will take your look to the next level. For women, you can choose the same clothing combo with loafers and add a pop of color with some bright lipstick. You can even add a cool wristwatch and a funky pair of earrings to complete the look.
- With a blazer – Just like loafers, blazers can be worn both casually and formally and is an essential clothing element. That is why pairing your loafer with a blazer is the right thing to do. For casual occasions, opt for a light-hued blazer with a trendy pair of loafers, and you are all set. For more formal occasions, pair a heavy-duty blazer with a classic pair of loafers, and add a nice wristwatch or a fun pocket square to finish your look.
- With shorts – Shorts are a savior during the hot and humid summer months. The good news? Loafers go perfectly with them. For men, wear a pair of tasseled loafers with some white shorts, or even brightly colored ones. They look amazing during the daytime. For a night out, you can choose funkier options. For women, pair your denim shorts or even cotton shorts with a sharp cutout loafer to look stunning while being comfortable.
- With chinos or trousers – Any basic colored loafer will go perfectly with the bright colors of your chinos. Think about a tan pair of loafers with a yellow chino. They would look incredible. Or wear some basic-colored trousers with some funky loafers. You also have the option to go all out and sport contrasting colored loafers and trousers. Keep in mind the top, shirt, or t-shirt you will be wearing, and choose the right accessories to match them.
Nowadays, you can buy loafers online and get quality products at the best price. Once you find your favorite style, loafers will make you stand out in the crowd. Loafers shoes for men can be worn both in casual and formal events. The same stands for women and even kids. They are light, comfortable, and durable and can elevate any look in a matter of minutes.