OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – As EMSA declares the first Heat Alert of the season, Oklahomans across the state are searching for ways to cool down.
On Wednesday, EMSA issued its first heat alert of the season, responding to nine heat-related emergencies.
EMSA is asking everyone to take precautions before going outdoors.
HEAT SAFETY TIPS:
- PRE-HYDRATION is key in preventing heat-related illness. Drink plenty of water or electrolyte replacement drinks several hours prior to and during long exposure to the summer heat.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing and a wide brimmed hat if working outdoors and take plenty of shade breaks.
- No alcohol or caffeine.
- If you do not have air conditioning, find a cooling station or public space (such as libraries or malls) during the day.
- Don’t limit your use of air conditioning.
- Use the buddy system if working outdoors and check on elderly neighbors.
- Keep a cell phone on you at all times when outdoors, including walking, running daily errands, yard work or sports and physical activity.
An easy way to cool down in the summer months is taking a dip in the pool.
If you don’t have your own, there are plenty of public and private spaces you can use for refreshment.
There are quite a few searches online for finding a “pool near me.”
- 2021 OKC Aquatics Season
- The Swimmer’s Guide allows you to simply enter your zip code
- Poolfinder app does the same
- Swimply allows you to rent out local private pools, AirBnb-style
- Or you could find out how much one can cost for a pool at home
Be sure to get fresh headlines delivered to your inbox weekday mornings! You can also sign-up for breaking email alerts! KFOR.com/Newsletters
Denial of responsibility! Toysmatrix is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – firstname.lastname@example.org. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.